This bundle allows your app to leverage the Web Push protocol to send notifications to your users' devices, whether they're online or not.
With a small amount of code, you'll be able to associate your Symfony users to WebPush Subscriptions:
- A single user can subscribe from multiple browsers/devices
- Multiple users can subscribe from a single browser/device
This bundle uses your own persistence system (Doctrine or anything else) to manage these associations.
We assume you have a minimum knowledge of how Push Notifications work, otherwise we highly recommend you to read Matt Gaunt's Web Push Book.
Example Use cases
- You have a todolist app - notify users they're assigned a task
- You have an eCommerce app:
- Notify your customer their order has been shipped
- Notify your category manager they sell a product
- The UserSubscription entity
- The UserSubscription manager
- Configure the bundle
This bundle is just the back-end part of the subscription process. For the front-end part, have a look at the webpush-client package.
Composer is your friend:
PHP7.1+ is required.
composer require bentools/webpush-bundle 0.4.*
If you're using Symfony 3, add the bundle to your kernel. With Symfony Flex, this should be done automatically.
⚠️ We aren't on stable version yet - expect some changes.
Generate your VAPID keys:
php bin/console webpush:generate:keys
You'll have to update your config with the given keys. We encourage you to store them in environment variables or in
This bundle leverages the minishlink/web-push library.
Copyright (c) 2018 Beno!t POLASZEK
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
Add support for minishlink/web-push ^5.0
By bpolaszek, 1 year ago
- Example out of date in the doc. Fix #13
- Add more keywords
- Fix Travis build for Symfony 3
- Fix PHPDoc
- Registry is completely useless here
- Fix variable name
- Update keywords and description for packagist
- Thank you @phpstan
- Fix documentation
- Merge branch '0.4.x-dev'
- Add License
- Badge all the things
- Wrong variable name
- Small README improvement
- Fix typos
- Add credits
- Renamed some classes + changed UserSubscriptionManagerInterface::hash() signature
- Improved documentation + refactoring
- Update documentation
- Simplified bundle configuration
- Fix signature
- Externalized request building
- Major changes + tests
- Merge pull request #12 from wRLSS/master
- Merge pull request #9 from franbenz/patch-1
Incorrect parameter description in services.xml #11
By , 2 years ago
- Service declaration